We carry out our work with the environment in mind, ensuring that all practices are performed to the latest standards and in compliance with all relevant environmental legislation and we strive to use the best sustainable practices in all we do.
This is achieved in practice through:
- Encourage reduction rather than removal of trees, where possible, and also encourage re-planting.
- Promote the re-use of waste materials, by selling our waste wood as logs for fuel, timber for furniture or donating it as woodchip.
- Maintaining all plant to optimum levels and extending life time use to a maximum.
- Ensuring that all plant, vehicles and equipment are chosen for maximum efficiency and longevity.
- Source and use environmentally friendly chemicals, biodegradable chain oil, aspen 2 for fuel, and other consumables.
- Nesting birds and their nests and eggs are protected by law, including other species such as badgers and bats. We work within the guidelines set out in the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981, and the Countryside and Rights of Way Act 2000 (CROW).
As a consequence of our tree surgery operations there will be surplus logs. These are supplied to a local company (Lakeside Logs) to later be dried and distributed locally.
Lakeside Logs, Southwell, Nottinghamshire
Tel: 07875 715 397