Temporary suspension of all business operations
As you would expect, we have been diligently reviewing the COVID-19 pandemic. The well-being of our employees, clients and general public is of paramount importance to us. We have a moral and legal obligation which we will be actively maintaining by ensuring we adhere to the duty of care expected from us.
It is with a heavy heart that I have decided to temporarily suspend all business operations; this is a responsible and morally derived decision. Employees have been enrolled on to the Government’s ‘Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme’ (CJRS) and as of Friday 27 March 2020 all workers are under the ‘Furloughed Worker Agreement’.
The Government has pledged to contribute 80% of their salary which is capped at £2,500 gross each month for an initial period of 3 months. As an employer I have chosen to keep my employees on full pay during this period; by voluntary contribution of the remaining 20%
Our message below; sent on Monday 23 March 2020 will be honoured as far as reasonably practicable on a voluntary basis; however, please note our capacity to help has been impaired somewhat:
We are prepared to keep employees on full pay and would like to fully utilise their time; therefore, those who are elderly, infirm or have underlying health issues will receive our full support; this is a sincere offer for those who genuinely need it.’
This message has been sent out to our client address book which includes everyone that we have carried out work for since 2017 and most businesses within a 2 ½ mile radius of Maplebeck.
Please be assured that our motive is not driven by an ulterior motive; instead, offering support to those within close proximity to our place of operation and clients who have helped us to achieve healthy incremental growth.
Best wishes and kindest regards,